Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heather's update 2.17.09

Update from Heather (copied into blog by Jessica)

I was doing some research on goodreads and found a library that actually has a link to goodreads on their library web-page. I'm going to e-mail Professor Tash and make sure it would be okay to use a library outside of California, plus it doesn't specifically address teens. However, I looked through a lot of different library groups and didn't find any so far that had a direct link to their library. It's called Brentwood Library. I'm hoping to use that one as my library search.

Plus, I've been doing a lot of thinking about our presentation. I know we have an Elluminate session tomorrow night, but I wanted to write my thoughts anyway. If you have time to read this, then you can add what you think tomorrow. It seems like our presentation can be split into three sections which is perfect for us. The first part, would be the background. I wouldn't mind doing the first part. I would include the background of goodreads, purpose, and expansion. I'll explain more tomorrow night, but I was going to sign up for facebook, because goodreads expanded to facebook and myspace. I was going to show how that worked during that part of the presentation. The second part, would be to present the research from the libraries. And, one of you can do that part. We would provide all the information from our library page research. I was thinking with this part, the presenter would show the group section from goodreads, but start it from the libraries homepage. Third section, would be the actual introduction of the goodreads site. The presenter of this part would demonstrate how the home page works other than the group site.

We'll definitely have more time to talk about this stuff tomorrow night and talk about who wants to do what and stuff like that. I just wanted to get some thoughts down and gets up moving towards putting the presentation together. Talk to you both later...Heather

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely feel comfortable covering research about what other libraries have done with goodreads. I'm curious to see what the adult libraries have done with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind showing first hand how goodreads works.

    ReplyDelete